This is yet another modern day invention marvel-some families are actually totally lost without one and if it were to break down then they would resort to eating take away meals, because the thought of having to wash the dishes by hand after all that cooking and eating is difficult. Seriously though, this is an invaluable household helper and the way it works is this:
The machine is loaded with dirty plates, cups etc. . The machine then fills with water once it is switched on.
The water mixes with the detergent at the bottom of the machine. When the water reaches a set limit the automatic switch closes the water inlet valve and begins to heat the water to the required temperature.
A pump then forces water through the spray arm which rotate and cover the crockery with powerful jets of water and detergent dislodging the food particles which the go into the filters at the bottom of the machine.
After this the dirty water is emptied and the refilled with fresh water: this is usually a two step process
1. cold water rinse
2. hot water rinse-rinse aid is the added and then finally the hot air fans dry the crockery.
1. do not put aluminium in the dishwasher
2. do not put lead crystals in The dishwasher-may crack under intense heat
3. delicate antique crockery should not be placed in the dishwasher
4. do not overfill the dishwasher
5. empty plates of food before placing them in the dishwasher
6. be careful with objects that have wooden handles They may break.
7. make sure to place the cutlery with their handles facing down.
8. make sure there are no obstruction before closing the door-can the spray arm rotate freely?
Crockery not dry:
1. machine did not complete wash cycle-redo the cycle
2. no rinse aid or not enough-refill and wash again
3. check your settings
Machine does not fill up:
1. check the water inlet valves make sure the hoses are not bent
2. check the water inlet filters at the back of the machine-remove the hose going into the machine and check the filter for blockages.
Machine does not empty:
1. blocked filters-remove and check
2. faulty drain pump-remove pump and check for blockages-or call an engineer
Leaks from the machine:
1. faulty hose-check and tighten or replace as necessary
2. worn door seal-replace if you can or have it serviced
3. blocked pressure system-have the system flushed by an engineer.
Door does not close:
faulty return spring-this is the spring that closes the door-move clips that hold the spring one or two positions up the stretch the spring to clip onto the new position.
Machine does not turn on:
1. no water going through the machine-check the hoses
2. faulty wiring-have it serviced
3. door not closed-the safety switch has not engaged make sure you hear a click as the door shuts.